We live in a time of unprecedented technological growth. This is very fortunate, given the fast-paced lives that most of us lead. In recent years, great strides have been made in making our lives easier by making our homes more tech-savy. And with almost everyone owning a smartphone nowadays, it makes sense to make our homes “smart” as well. A home has come to be labeled as smart” because it can seemingly “think” on its own. Let’s review the top 9 advantages of having a “smart” home:
- Make Tasks More Convenient – The beauty of a smart home system is that you can control the devices in your home with the sound of your voice or a push of a button. Imagine being able to access your whole house at your fingertips, anytime, anywhere!
- Save Money On Utilities – One of the most noteworthy reasons to install a home automation system is to lower your utility bills, which can add up to several hundred dollars per month. Home automation can automatically turn off lights and lower the thermostat when you aren’t using them and easily lower your utility bills by 10-25%.
- Improve Security – Have you ever left in a hurry to work only to realize half way that you may have forgotten to lock the front door? If the answer is yes, then an automated system for locking and unlocking doors will come in handy. In addition, a home automation system allows you to install video doorbells, security cameras and motion detectors that can be monitored by your smartphone.
- Increase Safety – Many accidents can happen in the home because of poor lighting. Home automation can turn on lights in closets, stairways and other dark places when you enter thereby decreasing the chances of accidentally tripping or running into things.
- Conserve Natural Resources – In a time of increased environmental awareness, a smart home can reduce your power consumption and help you monitor and manage power-hungry devices. Smart home features such as smart thermostats, smart lighting and connected appliances all help conserve energy and cut costs.
- Educate Children – Smart technology is here to stay, and the more your children learn about upcoming technology, the more prepared they are for the future. You can turn your home into a classroom, as your home automation devices become a learning experience for your children.
- Save Time – Many tasks that are repetitive in nature can be accomplished automatically or with fewer steps using home automation. Smarten up your home and add more hours to your day so you can spend more time enjoying precious moments with family and friends.
- Control Your Home When You Are Away – Never again worry about your home when you are away. Using home video cameras and an internet connection, you can check the status of your home, inside and out, from anywhere in the world. Also, you can set up a time for someone to enter your home, and even control when they get in or out using your smartphone.
- Gain Peace Of Mind – Your smart home will work 24/7, 365 days a year to optimize the use of your devices and save energy. Home automation will also allow you to sleep better at night, knowing your home is protected and secure against costly break-ins. Over the years, a home automation system is so good at saving you time and money that it will pay for itself many times over!